Historic Oktoberfest 2012
179th Oktoberfest started in Munich, Germany this Saturday. The opening took place officially after traditional tapping of first keg of beer by mayor of Munich, Christian Ude. The opening words were,” “O’zapft is!” (“It’s tapped!”).This festival is open till 7th of October. Expected visitors are around 6 million.
Though entry is free, but you have to pay for the beer mug. This year the price for a beer mug is €9.50 ($12.30 U.S.).14 tents are there to buy beer from .Last year visitors drank about 8 million mugs of beer each of one liter. Here are some snaps from this fest. Have a look…
1. Pretzels being sold by a young woman in the Augustiner beer tent at the Oktoberfest beer festival in Munich.
2. Attraction of the carnival ride at the fest on the eve of first day of the Oktoberfest.
3. Festival area’s overview by the St. Peters church tower.
4.Break from drinking by the revelers on 2nd day of the Oktoberfest.
5.Carnival ride by the visitors at the Oktoberfest 2012.
6.Gingerbread hearts at the event place being prepared by an artist.
7.Bavarian men in traditional wears enjoying their beers at this historic event.
8. Celebration at the Schottenhamel beer tent by the revelers on the day 2 of the fest.
9. On Sunday, September, it’s a rest day for the visitors.
10.Carnival ride at the 179th Oktoberfest.
11.Crowd view from the Bavaria hill at the Oktoberfest.
12.Beer being enjoyed by a woman in traditional dress at Oktoberfest after participation in the parade.
13. Oktoberfest being celebrated by Revelers in a beer tent at Munich.
14. Beer steins being carried by a waitress at the Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest tent.
15.Toasting men and women on the very first day of fest at Munich, Germany.
16. Visitor at the fest reaching out for their first beer in the mug traditionally known as “masskrug” on the first day of Oktoberfest at Theresienwiese in Munich.
17. The people enjoying the opening ceremony of the fest. Millions of beer lovers are supposed to attend this fest from round the globe at Bavarian capital in next two weeks.
18. At Theresienwiese in Munich, mayor of Munich, Christian Ude inaugurating the fest by tapping the first keg of beer, with the traditional words, “O’zapft is”.
19. Visitors crowd at the Schottenhamel beer tent in Oktoberfest at Munich, Germany on 22 September 2012.
20. Performance by brass band members in Munich during Oktoberfest 2012.
21. Riflemen’s parade by the members of brass band in traditional Bavarian clothes. Parade held on 22 September 2012 in Munich, Germany.
22. A beer can be served by a waitress in the Hofbrau tent, during this exciting fest in Munich, Germany.