Last Monday night was not so good for some of the people from Hong Kong. There was a collision between a passenger ferry and a small boat near Lamma Island in Hong Kong. A total of 38 people got died out of which 5 were children.
The ferry was named as Sea Smooth and on a trip carrying more than 120 employees of Hong Kong Electric Co. With their family. These people were going to attend fireworks celebration of Mid-autumn festival as well as national day of china. Hong Kong police arrested six crew members from both the boats.
- Workers checking the Lamma IV that got sank previous night.
- The ferry, Sea Smooth in its damaged condition leaving the accident place.
- A girl crying after seeing dead body of her relative in the public mortuary.
- A still after the incident taken next morning. Rescue team is still trying to save as much lives as they can.
- Rescuers taking the body of a passenger to the Marine Police Base in Aberdeen on 2 October 2012 in Hong Kong.
- Abode being retrieved by the firefighters near the accident spot.
- Rescue teams searching for the people in need on the next morning after the collision. The incident claimed about 37 lives.
- A survivor after the collision being taken to medical help.
- A survivor after the collision being taken ashore. The fear of death is clearly visible in her eyes.
- A child being rescued by a rescue team mate.
- Crew in search of people to be rescued on the Lamma IV, the smaller boat.
- Rescue team at the half merged boat after the collision. The team got success in saving at least 101 people after the disaster.
- Rescue team in search of injured and dead bodies near Yung Shue Wan on Lamma Island.
- Fireworks show over Victoria harbor on the occasion of 63rd anniversary of Foundation of People’s Republic of china. This is also known as the national day of China. The passengers of ferry were supposed to attend this event.
- A boat submerged partially in water after collision with a ferry on Monday night near Lamma Island here in Hong Kong on 2 October 2012.around 38 people got died and many injured according to the authorities.