It’s summer time for the Antarctica. The researchers are simply moving towards south to have a good time with studies at the south. The team that drilled into the Lake Vostok is also among the south goers. The above said lake is a lake which flow about 4000 meters below the ice-surface.
A robot is planned to be sent down its bottom and collect samples. Some other places like South Pole Telescope, the IceCube Neutrino Observatory, and a lot other places around Antarctica. Here are some of the images from the daily environment of Antarctica.
- The icy air over this South Pole leads to halos and sundogs around the sun. The pic is of 30 December 2011.
- Penguin species, Emperor with their female partners at Cape Crozier, Ross Island, Antarctica, on October 15, 2011.
- DeLaca Island is below this beautiful moon. The island is located near Palmer Station.
- A rainbow colored aurora illuminating sky in the night of 15 July 2012.
- An employee removing the snow from a building during the winters. The red light is used there to reduce the light pollution.
- Aurora and the moon just above the IceCube Laboratory at Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station. The pic is of 24 August 2012.
- Beauty at its level high. A majestic view of the Antarctic Peninsula area. June 30 is the date of this capturing.
- One of its kind, a leopard seal as seen on November 22 at the Ross Island.
- A view of McMurdo Station, Antarctica.
- A halo as seen framing a participant from US Antarctic Program. The pic was taken at McMurdo Station, on October 1, 2012.
- Satellite receivers at Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station.
- An Optical module for a laboratory is lowered into the Antarctic ice.
- This one shows an iceberg at the Antarctic Peninsula on October 24 2011.
- A beautiful sunset at Palmar station at Antarctic.
- Russian Vostk research camp being viewed aerially.