Lights are the most important and unavoidable articles for celebrations. Lights are also equally used in painting, playing, working etc. In cities electricity is available whereas in villages it is the traditional candles and lanterns are used to have celebrations.
In Berlin, some of the famous landmarks are being decorated with lights to celebrate Festival of Lights. Whereas Dozens of buildings were painted pink as per a deal about breast cancer awareness month.
Here are some images collected in which night is being dominated by the glowing lights. Have a look and enjoy.
- A well lighted artist taking part in Luxlumina light performance in Sofia, Bulgaria, on September 22, 2012.
- A TV tower along with The Berliner Dom cathedral was illuminated on the very first day of the Festival Of Lights in Berlin. This festival is celebrated on October 10. Around 68 important buildings of Germany are illuminated for this festival. This festival will continue till 21 October.
- The illuminated Basilica Sagrada Familia. This illumination was for the occasion of “Montreal Signe Ode a la Vie” light show. This show was a part of Merce Festival in Barcelona, Spain on Sept 21 2012.
- Glimpses of the ” Montreal Signe Ode a la Vie” show. In Barcelona.
- People gathering at the occasion of releasing lanterns in Poznan, Poland. These people released thousands of Lanterns in the sky to mark the shortest night i. e. June 21, 2012.
- People passing through a lantern wall during Mitama Matsuri festival in Tokyo on July 15 this year. This festival was made successful by using around 30, 000 lanterns.
- A couple watching a ship in the Neva River in St. Petersburg, during a romantic holiday named as, “Scarlet Sails”. ”Scarlet sails” is a light show themed holiday as an honor to High school graduates.
- Molten metal is being thrown by a blacksmith against a cold wall to create sparks. This is a celebration way of Lantern Festival in Nuanquan, , China.
- Climbing of Arthur’s Seat Runners and walkers while rehearsing for the “”Speed of Light” in Edinburgh, Scotland, on August 8, 2012.
- The beauty of Moon as seen behind illuminated triangular shaped canvas at celebration of Chinese Mid-Autumn festival in Hong Kong.
- Flight demonstration by an F/A-18 Hornet fighter aircraft. This aircraft belong to Swiss Air Force and this demonstration was done over Axalp in the Bernese Oberland. The event was organized on 11 October 2012
- Gathering of people around the illuminated Berlin Cathedral on the event of Festival of Lights. This was the very first day of Festival of Lights i. e. 10 October 2012.