Sand bath also known as Dust bath is an activity done by animals to keep themselves clean and removing parasites from their fur by moving around within dust or sand. They took sand bath to keep them dry after getting wet and after exercise, or to keep off flies and insects from them.
A sand roll is a conk or yard, which is an essential part of stables, covered with sand used after exercise by the racehorses. Dust baths are useful for the animals to keep their feathers and skin clean, it is as important as rejoicing in mud and bathing in water. Birds jiggle their bodies while taking dust bath by keeping their body close to the ground.
This activity scatters the loose soil in the air. Either one or both wings are spread by the birds to take a dust bath. The dust bath is an activity frequently pursued by the birds and animals to keep their feathers clean by the thorough shaking of their body.
- The picture captured is of a beautiful white horse rolling into the sand for taking sand bath.
- It is the picture of a dominating, dangerous bull taking sand bath by rolling into the sand.
- A beautiful, pretty, little bird is ruffling its feathers for its neatness.
- Like other animals they are also trying to keep themselves clean by performing the activity of sand bath.
- This is the picture of the king of the jungle, the Lion, wallowing and rolling in the sand.
- Owl, a nocturnal also keeping itself neat and clean by rolling in the dust or with the help of preening.
The giant or the biggest land animal is also rolling in the sand for its good hygiene.
- A picture of a dog taking sand bath is captured in the photographer’s camera.
- A cute baby horse, foal is taking dust bath to keep itself clean and keeping pesticides away from it.
- This picture of a dominating is captured from Lamar Valley, Yellow Stone National Park where it is rolling in the dust for sand bath.
- This is the picture of a tiger, the national animal of India performing its daily activity of taking dust bath.
- A picture captured from the jungles of the Australia where a Zebra is taking sand bath.
- This image is showing a Leopard rolling in the dust for its cleanliness.
- This is the picture of a house sparrow taking dust bath to keep itself clean.