Night signifies darkness and the end of day. But the night is the symbol of lightness. Night photography refers to photographs taken outdoors between dusk and dawn. Night photographers generally have a choice between using artificial light and using a long exposure, exposing the scene for seconds, minutes, and even hours in order to give the film or digital sensor enough time to capture a usable image.
With the progress of high-speed films, higher-sensitivity digital image sensors, wide-aperture lenses, and the ever-greater power of urban lights, night photography is increasingly possible using available light.
Night photography includes these subjects:
- Celestial bodies (See astrophotography.)
- The moon, stars, planets, etc.
- City skylines
- Factories and industrial areas, particularly those that are brightly lit and are emitting smoke or vapour
- Nightlife or rock concerts
- Caves (See cave photography)
- Streets with or without cars
- Abandoned buildings and artificial structures that are lit only by moonlight
- Bodies of water that are reflecting moonlight or city lights
- Lakes, rivers, canals, etc.
- Amusement rides
Actually, it is for the period of the night where some of the most beautiful pictures are captured. A truly breathtaking collection of pictures!! Hopefully when you see these pictures your mouth said what a Mesmerizing views!!!
Today I have collected something special for you, a breathtaking photography collection. I wish for to prove you the beauty of the mesmerizing night in the art work of some expert photographers and artists all over the world. Please enjoy the article and share your precious comments… Be inspired.
Photography by Mikko Lagerstedt