Are you tired of your old laptop and planning to buy a new well-updated one? Then the time is right as there are going to be the commencement of various sales and offers to help you grab the best laptops at affordable prices from leading online shopping stores.
Planning to get a laptop but not sure which one to buy for? Looking out for a buying guide that can help you reach out for the best product, then you are in the right place. We are here to offer you the best guide to help you get the laptop within your budget with maximum services.
It is the need of the hour to carry the latest laptop along, whether it comes to professional use or for personal use. Everything is getting digitalized, and having the latest laptop becomes the essential thing of your life. It is not only going to be useful for completing and staying updated in your work but is also very useful in school or college projects or can also be used to stay connected with your near and dear ones socially. We all are slaves of science and technology, so it is impossible to think of doing your work with pen and paper in this tech-savvy generation.
How To Choose The Best Laptop?
A laptop buying guide aims to help you get the most out of your laptop at a given price point and seek a steal deal during a typical festival since festive seasons come with galore offers. This way, you get more out of the allocated budget.
You know the right time to buy a laptop and consider keeping an eye on your personal preferences and proceeding to the more technical aspects of this laptop manual.
The laptop displays are composed of three key elements: screen size, screen resolution, and form of display. Choosing the correct monitor comes down to what the laptop wants. For example, a widescreen display is of the utmost importance when you’re a gamer. The same could prove less portable to a business owner, however. Keep in mind the end-use when you consider these three main things, and filter what’s right for you.
Display resolution indicates the number of pixels on the screen, which comprises an image. As you would expect, the better or sharper the picture, the more pixels. Likewise, the higher the pixel count, the greater the information that can be viewed on the screen, allowing for better side-by-side use of the frame. Display resolutions are listed when measured horizontally and vertically according to their pixel counts. HD, or 720p, FHD, or 1080p, and UHD 4k are the most common.
The operating system refers to the software interface, which enables or supports the laptop’s essential functions. It program manages the tasks between your laptop’s hardware and other applications. A quick look at your laptop specification sheet will tell you which form of the operating system is preloaded.
Verifying the OS is one of the most crucial steps when purchasing a new laptop, as it decides the atmosphere in which you are going to function. Furthermore, such software only operates with a particular OS. Verify, therefore, that the pre-loaded OS meets the end-user specifications.
Purpose Of Buying
You approach buying a laptop for a specific reason, whether it be recreational, business, or academic. You want a computer that meets your needs beyond display and the OS. It should underperform at no point. To calculate output, you should pay attention to three factors – processor, RAM, and storage. A faster processor means more computations, higher processing speed. Larger RAM translates into enhanced multitasking capabilities. The SSD storage means reads and writes faster.
This is one of the most crucial points to keep in mind. The best thing that your laptop must offer to you is the storage. It must be according to your usage. Storage that just not meets your needs will be useless for you. If your laptop has a large RAM, it will offer you high performance without any lag issues. the ROM of your laptop will keep your laptop in a working condition or an extended period.
Always keep in mind to check whether the provider is offering you an extended warranty. This can help you save money. Laptops do succumb to some amount of wear and tear as compared with other items. Yet reputable make laptops can and will operate perfectly well past the expiry date of the extended warranty.
You should also be careful about replication. Don’t go with a third party product because the company already covers the flaws the program is attempting to hide. Season time can be the best time to buy a laptop because the supplier will provide you with added benefits. If one of those is extended warranty, search for duplication.
Best Laptops For College Students To Shop For
Let us have a quick look at some of the best options available for the college students under laptops:
HP APU DUAL CORE (Best Laptops)
This is the latest generation laptop from HP, which is embedded with all the latest features required by anyone. The sleek design and sparkling black color is the best quality, which catches your eye in the first look itself.
- It has a 39.62 cm display.
- It consists of the right vision HD camera and dual speakers.
- The laptop gives you an excellent backup of wifi for 3 to 4 hrs.
- The device comes with storage space of 8GB, and its memory can easily be upgraded to upto 32 GB with 1 TB HDD.
- The laptop is pocket friendly and has a decent weight.
- It offers excellent quality in the display and has a sleek body that looks stylish.
- HP has left no stone unturned for giving a good battery life.
- The Keyboard has no option of the backlight, so you need to work with extra lights on
HP 15 Core i5 (Best Laptops)
This is the latest generation laptop from HP, which is embedded with all the latest features that are required by anyone. The sleek design and sparkling black color is the best quality, which catches your eye in the first look itself.
- It has a 15.6-inch display.
- It consists of the real vision HD camera.
- The device comes with a storage space of 8GB, and its memory can easily be upgraded to up to 32 GB.
- Easy and flexible installments facility available on the laptop
- The laptop is set on an economical price and offers the best service
- The battery life is good, and the looks are just what you need.
- The speakers are not of good quality.
Dell Inspiron (Best Laptops)
This laptop is considered as the best model to use for your professional use. It provides you anti-glare screen and good quality speakers that make movies viewing a whole new different experience.
- With 4 GB of speedy DDR4 memory, this laptop is well-equipped to manage daily tasks, while allowing multitasking and switching between multiple office applications.
- With a 6th generation Core i3 processor, this Dell laptop strikes a delicate balance between performance and battery life.
- It has an attractive and robust body that is sleek and stylish.
- The battery life is excellent, and the display is just the best.
- It offers powerful performance and is an excellent option for the ones who do not like bezels.
- The only thing that this laptop lacks is the presence of legacy ports
Asus 14 inch laptop (Best Laptops)
It gives you a larger display, more than adequate storage. It is packed with technologies designed to enhance your computing experience, making it the best choice for daily productivity tasks and entertainment. It’s all about everyday computing on-the-go.
- This Asus laptop offers you larger storage space, with up to a combination of a 1TB HDD and 64GB eMMC storage, so you can bring your files with you anywhere you go.
- The full-size google keyboard features an improved design that allows for more accurate typing.
- It has 1.6mm of essential travel with a little key float for a solid feel and a more comfortable typing experience.
- It’s considerably durable, too, with a 10-million keystroke lifespan.
- It is a lightweight laptop that is priced at a pocket-friendly range.
- It has a sleek and stylish body.
- The big display size and battery life is just the best.
- It offers decent audio quality with the built-in speakers.
- The screen size has a bezel that could have been avoided.
Dell latitude 3390 laptop (Best Laptops)
Dell is a well-known brand in the electronics industry. It offers the best and latest laptops fully loaded with the latest technology and features.
- It has a 14-inch screen size.
- The product comes with a memory of 1TB.
- It consists of 2 USB ports and one dedicated port for HDMI.
- The laptop runs on the intel core 7i processor.
- The laptop is made to keep the needs of the younger generation in mind.
- It offers a big screen size and also looks great with a sleek and stylish design.
- If you are looking for a laptop with good battery life, this is one of the best laptops to shop for.
- The in-built speakers are of no use, and you need to get external ones if you want to play videos and watch movies.
Is It A Good Idea To Shop For Refurbished Laptops?
If you need a laptop but are not in a mood to spend loads, buying a refurbished laptop can be a good option. Refurbished laptops are a great option as they have been assembled with the best products and works like new. But still, it is always recommended to shop for a new product.
A small discount on a rigorously tested MacBook Pro that Apple offers with the same warranty as a new one could be worth the cost savings. In contrast, a third-party refurbished laptop you’ve never used might be chancy. It is better to purchase any refurbished machine directly from the manufacturer’s e online store, as opposed to from a reseller, particularly a reseller who may be hawking refurbs on its website from “marketplace” sellers third parties.
What Is An Ideal Size And Weight Of A Laptop?
Many people looking for a general-purpose laptop will choose one that measures approximately half an inch thick and weighs 3 pounds or less. Generally, these are the maximum dimensions and heft a laptop can have for us to call it an ultraportable. For most consumers, portability is the secret to optimizing usability and pleasure.
There is no set limit of weight or size of a laptop. It entirely depends on the usage you are planning to buy it for. For most cases, striving for that weight and thickness would restrict the laptop’s screen size to 13 or 14 inches. However, some models with 15-inch or larger displays now fall into the category of ultraportable.
Models can be used in either the traditional “clamshell” laptop form or a 2-in-1 convertible style at both of those screen sizes. The latter has a hinge that rotates 360 degrees on the frame so you can use it as a laptop for make-up or set it up like a tent to watch films.
Is A Touchscreen A Good Option?
You’ll want to look for a touch-enabled laptop, and maybe even a digital stylus to write or draw on it, to take advantage of the touchscreen support available in Windows 10 and Chrome OS. Most Windows 10 laptops come in both touch and non-touch models, so test what you’re purchasing carefully with the specifications. Usually, glossy screens offer touch support, while most matte screens built to block out glare from ambient lighting do not.
Until you pay a significant premium for a high-refresh screen, you’ll want to make sure the graphics chip, or GPU, is robust enough to drive the types of games you ‘re playing at a frame rate’s high enough to make the difference. Modern laptop displays have refresh rates of 60Hz, so if you play games at 60 frames per second or less, a high refresh screen does not provide much value in most cases.
Is There A Need Of Graphics In My Laptop?
A graphics processor built into the CPU (also known as an “integrated graphics processor,” or IGP) is perfectly suitable for most laptop use regularly. If you see a reference to Intel’s HD Graphics, UHD Graphics, or Iris Plus as the graphics solution on your desktop (or Radeon Vega on a low-cost AMD-based desktop), you’ll know you’re looking at an IGP! An IGP will share the processor cores, memory, or both of the CPU.
Typically the amount of memory available for the integrated graphics chip is fixed, so an improvement in machine memory does not result in improved graphics performance.
Most players would like a standalone GPU with their dedicated computing power to consider. Once it comes to playing 3D games, even a budget computer GPU can deliver an enormous benefit over an integrated graphics processor. (Note that some laptops will come with low-end dedicated graphics solutions like the GeForce MX series, which are a notch up from IGPs but not intended for severe gaming.) At the high end, professional gamers will look for the new GeForce RTX GPUs from Nvidia.
This was a buying guide that can help you get your hands on the best laptops for college students available in the market. You can shop for them from the online stores and get the best deals. All these laptops offer long-lasting life with the best and advanced features that any college student will love. I hope you enjoy shopping for the best ones and enjoy your purchase.