India faces the worst summers every year with the temperature that goes up to 50 degrees in Northern India. To lead a comfortable life in such hot weather, it becomes crucial to own an air conditioner. Let us have a look at some tips that can help you shop for the best air conditioners and still save a lot from your budget.
With a quick guide to understanding the usage and need of the air conditioner, we are here to help you understand the types of air conditioners, tips to keep in mind when shopping for one along with the list of the best ones to put in your shopping cart.
Types Of Air Conditioner
Before you make up your mind of buying a new AC, let us help you understand with the different types of variants available and which one will suit you the best.
Window Air Conditioner
Window air conditioners are considered to be an ideal choice because of their price and cooling capacity. As the name suggests, they will be installed in the window of your room.
- They are easy to be installed and do not require any drilling in the walls.
- These air conditioners are great in smaller rooms.
- Most of the window air conditioners come with a built-in heater to keep you warm in winters.
Split Air Conditioner
The second type of air conditioners is split air conditioners. They are suitable to be installed in big rooms.
- The cool down at a fast speed
- The compressors are tremendous and make less noise.
- It does not require a room with a window and can be installed easily.
Portable Air Conditioner
Portable AC may switch instantly from one room to another as a window or break as not possible. Portable AC is ideally designed for households where there is no possibility of installing split/window AC or people living in a rented house and sometimes relocating place to place.
- It’s easy to turn and reallocate.
- Just packing and going out in cardboard boxes is that easy. No technician required.
- There’s no need to stick in one place.
- You can move AC to another room within 10 minutes.
If you think this is an AC device which can operate on home inverters, I ‘m afraid you ‘re sadly wrong. Inverter AC has little to do with the home inverters. These AC devices operate on the Inverter System, saving a great deal of electricity.
The compressor operates in a standard AC when it is on at maximum power. The compressor shuts off when the optimal temperature is reached, and the fan continues to run. The compressor starts again once the temperatures rise above the threshold level and operate at maximum efficiency. This implies that the compressor only works at two velocities, full and zero.
How To Look For The Right Capacity You Need To Purchase?
When you are planning to buy an AC, you need to keep in mind that.
Size Of The Room
The required capacity to cool a room depends on the size of that room. For example, a 1 ton AC for a 150 sq.ft small space will be the best. This is more than sufficient as the heat load is manageable. Nonetheless, a 1 ton AC is likely to be overloaded in a medium-sized area.
Occupants In The Room
Another essential tip to buy an air conditioner is to take into account the number of people in a house. This adds to room heat load. An overcrowded room needs a more reliable unit.
If you are a light sleeper, or if you have a baby in the house, a loud AC may be a big no for you. So, particularly for window ACs, remember to test the noise level. But in this situation, it would be better for you to buy a split AC.
Temperature Of Your City
Even the average temperature is essential in deciding the form of AC you will need. If you live in an area with harsh summers, even medium-sized rooms may require a 1.5- or 2-ton AC.
Best Smart Air Conditioners To Shop For In 2020
Let us have a look at the best smart air conditioners to shop for in 2020:
LG 1.5 ton air conditioner
LG is one of the most preferred brands when it comes to shopping for air conditioners. Being true to the good it has maintained, LG offers some excellent options to buy. If you are looking for a smart air conditioner that will help you enjoy perfect summers, then you must look out for this piece.
- It is a split air conditioner that offers excellent performance.
- It comes with dual inverter technology and also has R32 refrigerant.
- The manufacturer offers one year warranty along with ten years warranty on the compressor and the condenser.
- The AC is marked with a reasonable price to offer maximum satisfaction.
- There are EMI options available on the product to offer you peace of mind.
- It comes with ocean fin technology for long and durable life.
- The power-saving option might be an issue for you.
Carrier 1.5 ton air conditioner (Best Air Conditioners)
Carrier is an international brand that offers excellent life with 100% satisfaction to the buyers. It has all the advancements loaded in the products to offer a comfortable usage. The brand also known for its quick response and excellent after-sale services.
- The AC provides four different modes of operation: free-run mode, 100%, 75%, and 50%.
- Both modes change the AC energy consumption, thereby helping to save on your electricity bills.
- The sensors work in such a way that they identify the external temperature and accordingly select the appropriate mode.
- It selects Free Running mode while sweltering.
- If the temperature is high, the operating mode changes to 100 per cent.
- The AC switches on the 75 per cent mode, as it is moderately dry.
- The air conditioner offers a high-quality performance along with a long life.
- The economical price is one of the best things about the product.
- The air conditioner also works on low voltage.
- The unit does not have a copper pipe you need to purchase it from outside.
Daikin Smart air conditioner (Best Air Conditioners)
With excellent after-sale services and excellent customer support to guide you for the best Daikin is one of the most loved brands for the Indian audience. If you are planning to shop for a smart air conditioner, then you must look out for Daikin.
- The air conditioner comes with a power-saving mode that cuts off automatically to offer you a comfortable electricity bill.
- The power chill feature of the air conditioner quickly offers a chilled environment to your room, offering the best comfort.
- The AC also has a quiet operation and makes no noise letting your baby sleep without any disturbance.
- The pocket-friendly price is an excellent add-on to the product.
- This air conditioner can handle the fluctuations in electricity.
- The only thing this air conditioner lag is it is controllable by the remote.
Hitachi air conditioner (Best Air Conditioners)
Hitachi is known to be one of the top air conditioner manufacturers in the World. They have been in the industry for a long time and have been serving happy faces. They offer 100% customer satisfaction along with full value for money and peace of mind to the client.
- An advantage is the copper condenser coil as it ensures better heat dissipation.
- Copper is not piling up rust. Therefore it significantly decreases the cost of maintenance.
- The split AC comes with a revolutionary design featuring an expandable wide-angle deflector to ensure full cold air distribution to all room areas.
- The built-in stabiliser function can withstand fluctuations in high voltage.
- It comes with a wide-angle deflector that works on all corners of the room.
- The energy-saving AC offers a quiet environment.
- It comes with a two-year warranty and excellent after-sales support.
- The only thing that lags in this air conditioner is that the installation is not free.
Panasonic Air conditioner 1.5 ton (Best Air Conditioners)
One of the most loved and preferred domestic brands in the industry is Panasonic. The brand has made reputable goodwill in the industry. It is considered to be an ideal purchase for the Indian audience.
- This AC compressor ‘s highlight is that it comes with a power-adjusting feature that controls the power consumption depending on the heat charge.
- Secondly, among all the models discussed here, this AC has one of the lowest noise operations.
- The AC has a capacity of 1.5 tons, ideal for an approximately 150 square foot medium-sized space.
- With an annual energy consumption figure of 840.75kWh, this AC has an ISEER of 4.7 and a BEE rating of 5 stars.
- Copper is a great heat conductor. Copper condenser coils are therefore the best when it comes to delivering a power-packed performance in cooling.
- Copper coils don’t rust and are therefore easy to hold.
- It is a wifi-enabled air conditioner that offers excellent performance.
- If you are planning to buy an economical product, then this is the best air conditioner.
- The after-sales services can be an issue at the moment.
Which AC Brand Is Considered To Be The Best?
There are numerous AC-brands on the market. Choosing the best amongst them is a tough challenge. The guide gives you an idea of the things you need to look at when buying AC equipment. One is energy efficiency. Friendliness towards the community is another.
Also, you need to look at the cost factor. Considering all three major elements, it is often easier to go for AC units with inverters. You have numerous firms that are experts in AC equipment manufacturing. Carrier, Blue Star, Daikin, etc are the first names that come to mind. Second, you have companies that manufacture various electronic appliances other than AC units.
Which Brand Is Known To Offer The Best Services?
See it is tough to tell which brand will offer you the best services. It depends on the issues you are facing. It might be the came that LG, which is known for its after-sales services might not be able to satisfy you and an AC purchased from the blue star can prove to offer your excellent after-sale services.
Is It Considered Safe To Shop For An AC Online?
Yes, it is safe to purchase only if you are planning to buy a product from a reputable online shopping store like Amazon.
Is An AC With An Aluminium Condenser A Good Purchase?
Copper and aluminium are the most common metals used in the construction of condenser tubes. All of these metals have their pros and cons. Compared with aluminium, copper has a high heat transfer coefficient. Aluminium is, at the same time, incredibly malevolent and comparatively inexpensive.
But, they do need higher maintenance. Therefore, with aluminium condensers, you can opt for AC, while copper is the preferred option worldwide. The condensers of aluminium are not bad either.
What Do You Mean By A Dual Inverter AC?
This Dual Inverter Compressor is used in several LC AC unit models. The very name suggests double the output you experience in a single AC inverter. This system ensures the AC operates with less noise and also cools faster. If it cools faster, it means that most of the time the compressors operate at low speeds.
This was a buying guide to help you out with shopping for some great air conditioners that can help you enjoy a great time inside even if it is scorching hot outside. The air conditioners are fitted with the latest advancements and offer you peace of mind without any hassles.